Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The executive desk Monclova Oh Making the top

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
After 6 hours of sanding, Ive gotten the first top coat of stain on the desk top. A note about sanding - I began with 60 grit, then worked my way through 100 grit and 150 grit. I do not want to go much further than that.
I have one more sheet of maple plywood that was stained up in the beginning of the project, so I am using that as a base sheet below the solid maple top. In these photos, I have cut both to size plus 1/16", and have glued and screwed the base sheet to the top. I have then done a final cut to size, and checked for square (which was perfect).
The next step will be a bull nose edging all the way around. This project is pretty close to being finished - just some small details left to do!



TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment